Thursday, September 2, 2010

won't you join us...

...on our afternoon walk? We just moved to a new city, and while our hearts still lie in our old one (we'll miss you, St. Paul!) we do plan to buy a house there in a few years. But for now, we want to get the most out of our fabulous new neighborhood in NE Minneapolis! We moved away from a really fun, vibrant neighborhood with lots of coffee shops, vintage and antique stores, great restaurants, and a park for the kids. But thankfully, our new neighborhood has all of these things as well, and more! We just couldn't fathom living without these things in walking distance - what can I say, we're city folk!

The kids and I went on a little walk around the neighborhood to get to the neighborhood farmer's market, which takes places Thursdays a few blocks away. I took some pictures, so (virtually) join us on our walk!

We love our new place!
Photobucket

Maia in the stroller, Kieran in the Beco Butterfly carrier
Photobucket

Passing by POP Restaurant, Amici Bistro & Sarah Jane's Bakery has THE BEST donuts I've EVER had - yum!
Photobucket

Crafty Planet
& Rewind Vintage - I'll be visiting both for the first time when Josh hangs with the kids this weekend. I want to go kid-free so I can bask in the beautiful fabrics (& work on picking out some so I can sew up cafe curtains for our new kitchen!)
Photobucket

My cute little dude.
Photobucket
Photobucket

One of Maia's favorite things in the new neighborhood? The fire trucks we pass each time we drive anywhere! She always looks for the opened doors and gets so excited when the trucks are sitting out. As you can see, no open doors, this time anyways.
Photobucket

We made it to the farmer's market! I think there are 5 vendors total. It's small, but they've got absolutely everything you could need veggie-wise.
Photobucket

Our farmer's market loot - the watermelon is actually yellow! I've never seen a yellow watermelon before.
Photobucket

Maia liked it :) It was actually the BEST watermelon I've ever had!
Photobucket

Maia & I made BLT's (she calls 'em "bacon sam-iches") and she LOVED it! She kept saying "mm, yum!" and "mom, my tummy's happy, my mouth's happy." So cute! Can I just say, there is nothing like getting fruit and veggies from the market and then making a meal with them? It's so satisfying!
Photobucket

Well, thanks for joining us on our neighborhood walk! We'll take you around the nearby park next!

4 comments:

  1. That was fun. Thanks for taking us along. I love NE Mpls. A couple favorite places for some date nights are Psycho Suzie's and Elsie's. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! i love this. we are SO close to each other...just a couple miles and a river between us. you will LOVE rewind. it's amazing. glad you found sarah jane's. best goodies in town. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Discovering a new city is so much fun! I loved the photo's!
    I found your blog through the September Blog-a-Thon.

    ReplyDelete