Thursday, September 23, 2010

cute kid-isms

Well, it's been about 3 weeks and I'm finally stumped about what to write. Actually, I have things I'd love to blog about but have no time to do them. Kieran is still up, even though he usually goes to bed at 9:30, 10pm at the latest...what the heck!? He just refuses to sleep. Maybe the sleep regression is messing with us again, I don't know. Josh is trying his hand at getting him down, nothing I have done has worked!

So I'll leave you with some cute things that happened today, since I have yet to find my camera cord to share pictures. Maia was hovering above Kieran while he was waiting for a diaper change and got really close to him. He ended up grabbing her hair, since she was so close, and I heard "mom, Kee-wan (because that's how she says his name, you know) grabbing my hair, owwww!" So I go over there to help him unhand her hair, she stands up and playfully scolds him...and he laughs at her! A big huge belly laugh - SO cute! Which in turn got Maia laughing, which made K laugh even more. Ahh, siblings. I love seeing them interact these days, it's so fun!

The other cute thing happened when I went to Babies R Us with the kids. I had to grab a lock for the fridge because it's not latching very well on its own, and Maia gets in there a bit more than I'd like. Anyways, I was checking out and Maia tried reaching for the credit card machine. When I told her not to touch it, she quickly shouted "I'm mad at me!" I laughed out loud, because not only was that really cute, but I've been encouraging her to use her words instead of hitting or whining when she's mad and doesn't get her way, specifically, I have practiced with her "mom, I'm mad!" or "I'm mad at ____." So tonight she actually did it, albeit a little backwards. I was a proud mama.

1 comment:

  1. aww this made me giggle! so adorable how siblings interact! i love that Maia is using her words :] I cant wait for Diego to start doing that instead of smacking lol

    ReplyDelete