Friday, September 3, 2010

an update on the little dude who inspired this blog.

Most of my followers hooked up with this blog right after I started it - when Kieran was born 10.5 weeks early on St. Patrick's Day. It's been awhile since I posted a real update on him, so I think it's time!

Photobucket

For all the days spent worrying about his health, I've not worried once since he's been home! He is so happy, so healthy, and so dang sweet! The little man who was born at 2lb 10 oz & 15 inches long, who I started nursing at only 32 weeks gestational age, is now 16+ pounds and 25 inches long! He continued his weight gain of 3/4 pound a week, just like his sister - so crazy! He is actually probably 17 lbs now, since it's been over a week since he was last weighed and he is so predictable. I just can't believe it some days - the chubby cheeks, double (triple?) chins, huge tummy & all the thigh rolls, yum! I just adore chubby babies! And I can't tell you how great it makes me feel to know that my milk has made him grow at a super speed - especially when he started out so tiny. It's very rewarding and a sunny spot in all of the preemie worries.

Photobucket

He's now 5.5 months actual age and just over 3 months corrected age. He spends most of his days nursing or hanging out in the Beco Butterfly carrier while I get things done or hang out with his sister - I learned to nurse in it, too, so he nurses on the go wherever we are. He's been rolling tummy to back for awhile now, so now we're just waiting for him to go the other way! He has great head control, and likes sitting up on our laps checking things out. He loves music, lights and other items that are on the ceiling. He is a huge smiler, and I love his laughter so much - he's actually ticklish so it's easy to get out of him! He is just a joy and a fun little boy, and he LOVES his big sister - she can always make him laugh or smile! And oh my goodness, I have never seen a baby get more kisses than this little guy - Maia just smothers him in kisses and love. She is such a wonderful big sister to him.

Here are some pictures from our family walk to the park near our house. We first stopped by our local coffee shop first, The Coffee Shop NE, and they were having a grand opening party! Yay for free desserts & goodies!

Yep, I'm SuperWoman ;)
Photobucket

Photobucket

At the park!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Im soooo happy to hear hes doing great and that all of you are are healthy! I cant believe hes 17lbs! WHOA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right!? He gains weight at the exact same pace my daughter did (and she was full-term.) Talk about predictable caloric content in my breastmilk! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! My son was a preemie too but you'd never know it now. It is amazing to know what babies can overcome! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, what adorable pics. Cutest family ever.
    -Angela Sugarbaker

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing what our little preemies can do! Yay Kieran!!

    ReplyDelete