Friday, November 5, 2010

{a month of thanks}

I was skimming a few blogs today and saw something I liked - a blogger was giving thanks daily in a "month of thanks" series. I love that idea! I am constantly listing off things I'm thankful for in my head, but it's rare that I get a chance to write them down. So, five days into the month where Americans focus on giving thanks (oh my gosh, Thanksgiving Day is right around the corner!) I myself have decided to do a little "month of thanks" feature. Some days you'll get just text, some days you may get a picture, too. Sometimes there will be explanations, and other days, it will speak for itself. Maybe I can even get the husband to join along for a couple days!

I'll just catch up on days 1-5 right now, then hopefully post daily or nearly daily for the rest of the month.

Day 1. I'm thankful for my new camera, which is challenging me to my tech core as I try to learn how to use it.

Day 2. I'm thankful for suckers & lollipops, which have been occasionally helping me get through long, necessary shopping trips with a feisty 2.5 year old.

Day 3. I'm thankful for my long, thick hair, which has taken me a looooong time to grow out. It's so pretty and worth the long effort it took to get here!

Day 4. Consequently, I am also thankful for hair-binders and cute ponytails, because if the baby pulls on my hair once more I just may scream!!!!

Day 5. I'm thankful for Izzy's Ice Cream in St. Paul for introducing me to the most amazing ice cream I have ever tasted - salted caramel ice cream. It's the kind of treat that, after you take a bite, you close your eyes and pause to savor the flavor of the most perfect combination of sweet & salty, but you look sort of silly doing it so your husband makes fun of you. Oh well. It's just THAT good.



What are you giving thanks for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment